There is an all weather road up to Luhara village which is about 60 km west from Bharuch Railway Station. The Lighthouse is about 1.5 Km away from Luhara village, which portion has to be covered by walking across the agricultural fields.
Bharuch- Bhrigukachha in ancient times-situated on the banks of Narmada came under Delhi Sultanet in 1236 and remained under them till 1776 when British annexed it
Bharuch was a flourishing port till 18th century. The vessels up to 200 tons capacity could easily cruise into the river basin. Due to heavy silting of Narmada, the port died down. However toward the close of 20th century the India Petro Chemicals Ltd got the channel dredged and built a jetty for their vessels, near Luhara point lighthouse.
A fixed light at Luhara Point used to serve as anchorage light as well as a landmark for entrance into Narmada. Another light was provided on the bastion of Bharuch fort which served as port light. A steel frame structure was erected here at Luhara point in 1887 for placing a wick lamp over it. In 1903 a 6th order optic was introduced. It was replaced by DA gas equipment in 1965. In 1977 the cast iron Tower was erected to support a lantern house in which the DA gas Dal’en mixer equipment was installed.The electromechanical flasher working on Batteries charged by solar energy, was installed in place of DA gas equipment in 1995. The electromechanical flasher was replaced by electronic flasher (JLWL) in 1999.
The station got the mains supply in 2000. The Gearless Revolving Beacon equipment :GRB-MK-48-II supplied by M/s Ana Nav Aids Ltd, New Delhi, was installed at the station which became operational on 31st March 2003.